Therese Flynn-Clarke works using a number of mediums including basketry, sculptural fibre art, eco-dyeing and wearable art, ceramics and mixed media, which all reflect her deep connection to the natural world from where her inspiration is drawn. Therese’s connection to ‘place’ and the land provides a source of subject matter and materials for her art work.
Therese has exhibited widely across Australia, won awards for her art, and has empowered many through her work as an arts educator and tutor, facilitating workshops at a tertiary level, in early childhood settings, for fellow teachers in arts education and practical skills, in galleries with links to specific exhibitions and at community events and festivals.
Therese is a prolific and committed artist involved in her own art practise and a respected member and participant of many community arts groups and events across a wide area.
- 2018-2017 Primary Arts Specialist Teacher
- 2017 Co-ordinator National Basketry Gathering Australia SE Qld
- 2017-2015 Guest speaker and workshop facilitator, QATA Conference,
- 2016-2015 Education Project Coordinator, Flying Arts Alliance
- 2016-2015 Education/Arts Workshop Facilitator-exhibitions program. Gold Coast Art Centre.
- 2015 Facilitator Animating Spaces Community Project, ‘Drawn Together’ Logan
- 2015-2014, Sessional Staff- Lecturer and Tutor -Arts Education at Griffith University, Qld
- 2014 ‘Homesickness’ International Art Project, Logan
- 2014 Project Manager ‘The Cocoon Project’ with FIRST service- disability group, Logan
- 2017-2014 Tutor with Flying Arts Alliance
- 2013-2006 Primary Arts Specialist Teacher
- 2017-2011 Tutor, Arts in the Olives Festival, Lost World
- 2014-2011 Artist in Residence, Scenic Rim Open Studio Trail
- 2017-2010 Artist in Residence, ‘A World Apart’ Festival
- 2013 Coordinator, Berrinba Wetlands Art Collective
- 2015-2005 Participant/tutor National Basketry Gathering, Canberra.
- 2012 Tutor and Exhibitor Ancient Arts Festival, Lost World
- 2012 Double Vision Artist Exchange programme, SA
- 2013-2011 Co –ordinate, Facilitate children’s art work for Logan/ Shibukawa Japan, Art Exhibition
- 2011 Co-ordinate/ Teach, Gifted Education Specialist Art Day
- 2011 Tutor, GOMA, Surrealism for Kids on Tour, The Centre, Beaudesert